Adoption Voices

I hesistated making a discussion about this but I really want people to know and be informed.
Some time ago I got caught up in reading about a baby with a poor ante natal diagnosis. The 'mother' wrote all about the 'pregnancy' and all the way up to 'delivery'. I was suckered in along with many others when she finally posted a pic of the 'baby' and it was a pic of a doll, made to look like a newborn. Since this scam was revealed, many more of her scams was also revealed - and the ones I want to alert you to, is where she poses as a birthmum, hoping to give up her 'child' for adoption. The 'child' is conceived thru 'rape', and she has really caused some deep hurt in her scamming.
I would hate for anyone to fall into her trap again as the belief is that she checks out these kind of sites.
I know its awful to be suspicious but she is really convincing. I am not sure if I can post names but i will check back to see if I can put in a link of a few sites where they have really delved into her scams.

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The one link is tellthechurch.blogspot.com
Why do people do that? We've had a few try to scam us, but we've caught on quickly so it wasn't too damaging to us. But I can't help but wonder how many others they scammed and if they feel for it and are now broken hearted. Thanks for the warning.
There is at least one couple who are really cut up by it. i think if you read thru the link I gave you will see how hard it has been for them. I just dont want people to be overly sus when dealing with birthmothers or birth parents but its an awful tale she has spun with many people hurt emotionally.
I think it is great that you are warning others. My hubby and I suffered through a hurtful scam and it rocked our world. I never realized the effect an adoption scam can have on the emotional state. We thought we were immune because we weren't willing to send money or anything like. Little did I know that emotional scammers are just as hurtful and devestating.
Maybe adoptionvoices can add a place for alerts?
Adoption Voices started a discussion on setting policies in the community. All member are encouraged to participate in the discussion.

As for scams, please seek the advice and guidance of a reputable, licensed adoption professional, ie., agency or attorney.

Brenda Horrocks said:
I think it is great that you are warning others. My hubby and I suffered through a hurtful scam and it rocked our world. I never realized the effect an adoption scam can have on the emotional state. We thought we were immune because we weren't willing to send money or anything like. Little did I know that emotional scammers are just as hurtful and devestating.
Maybe adoptionvoices can add a place for alerts?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsors

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Members

© 2014   Created by Adoption Voices.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service