Adoption Voices

I have recently filled out a couple forms that say I want to find one of my birth parents, my father in this case. I feel like it is a hopeless case though as I have been trying for a couple years to contact either parent. The agency has so many regulations that I feel trapped and unable to do anything about it. I was waiting for 18 years and then I found out it might not ever happen. But the thing is I hear and see people who have met and reunited with their parents and children countless times, and continue to hear more stories. Why are these people able to do this and not me?... :(

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sara~
I filled out the forms with the agency my parents went through to adopt me. The way my birthsister found me was through a couple of reunion websits that I had registered on. Wish you lots of luck and hope you get some info soon!!
Hey sara :)

Thanks for the good wishes. I will look into some more websites for sure. And congrats on the reunion!

Sara Augy said:
Hi Sara~
I filled out the forms with the agency my parents went through to adopt me. The way my birthsister found me was through a couple of reunion websits that I had registered on. Wish you lots of luck and hope you get some info soon!!
American Carriage House Publishing offers a wonderful audio recording, an interview with a Private Investigator on how to find your birth family. It is titled "Finding MY Family – Adoption Search & Reunion." Learn how to start and conduct a search, information about how to find the public records you seek, information for adoptees who would like to find their birth parents, and learn how to find a reputable Private Investigator.
Wow. thank you so much. I appreciate the help!
It depends on where you're from and how you go about it.Many in the States find that their records are closed forever and have to try other means..Facebook etc.Sometimes even where the legislation works in your favour it may takes years if there is a requirement that you both have to register to be put in contact.You need to find out more about the laws where you live.I waited 5o years and then more to find my father's family.Sorry, you just have to have patience because adoptees don't have their rights in many places.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsors

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Members

© 2014   Created by Adoption Voices.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service