Adoption Voices

Hello. My name is Kim. I am looking for birthparents that are willing to talk to me about there adoption. More specifically, birthparents that have already placed. I am trying to get some information or research on adoptions. I place my daughter for adoption 13 yrs ago and I want to try to make a difference in the world of adoption and feel people who have gone through the process might be able to give me some input on their feelings and thoughts about their adoption.

Please contact me and we can talk here or exchange emails. Thank you for the time you take to read this.

Kim 

Tags: adoption, birthmom, birthparents, open, research

Views: 218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd be willing to talk to you, I placed 2 sons for adoption.  It started out as a closed adoption, but when they were 9 & 11, the aparents opened up the adoption and we have been one big happy family since then.  They are now 25 and 23 and I am also a grandmother from the 23 year old.  I have a great relationship with my sons and their family.
I am a birthmom to a 6 year old with an open adoption. You can learn more about me at: www.cynthiachristensen.com. I am willing to help you out!
Cindy, email me with a phone number and a time that is convient for you to talk with me. Then we can get together and talk. I look foward to it. Thanks for replying to me.  Kim

Cindy Williams said:
I'd be willing to talk to you, I placed 2 sons for adoption.  It started out as a closed adoption, but when they were 9 & 11, the aparents opened up the adoption and we have been one big happy family since then.  They are now 25 and 23 and I am also a grandmother from the 23 year old.  I have a great relationship with my sons and their family.

Cynthia, Thanks you for getting back to me. Can you email me your phone number and a time that would be convenient for me to talk with you. I look forward to talking to you. 

Cynthia Christensen said:

I am a birthmom to a 6 year old with an open adoption. You can learn more about me at: www.cynthiachristensen.com. I am willing to help you out!

Hi, I'm an adoptive mom not a birthmom but we have a very open adoption with our birthmom, we love her and her son (our daughters' half brother) and hope they're in our lives forever.  I totally support it if the situation is healthy.  I host an adoption support group through RESOLVE and wish there was more education on it, a lot of adoptive parents are unwilling.

Yes I do agree a lot of adoptive parents are unwilling, but I think it is because they are worried about how the child will react to the birthmom/birthparents being in their life. I agree that there are a lot of things that have to be worked out between birthparents and adoptive parents, but if both sets of parents put the needs of the child in front of their own needs and establish boundaries early in the relationship, the ending result can be so worth the effort!!! 

I am hoping to gather enough research and data to put together a book that can show the results of having a fully open adoption. That is why I am looking for stories from birthparents of open adoptions. You did point out to me though, that I shouldn't limit it to just birthparents. Adoptive parents can tell their side of the story too. So thank you. 

Kim

Theresa & Travis said:

Hi, I'm an adoptive mom not a birthmom but we have a very open adoption with our birthmom, we love her and her son (our daughters' half brother) and hope they're in our lives forever.  I totally support it if the situation is healthy.  I host an adoption support group through RESOLVE and wish there was more education on it, a lot of adoptive parents are unwilling.

Kim, I just realized I never answered your email.  I am still available if you still want to talk to me.

Cindy

Im available :) I just joined today :)

April

Kim

I joined here today. I am willing to talk about my adoption. I placed my son who 21 yrs old now in a semi open adoption.

My name is Tracy I am a Birthmom to a 21 yr old son. I run a orgazation called Birthmothers Of NH Here our website www.birthmothersofnh.com we do a Birthmothers day in May and we do a live group every want to chat please contact me. Here my email birthmothersofnh@aol.com and my number 24/7 603-988-2233 u can text to.

i'm willing to tell you anything you want to know about my adoption story. i gave my youngest daughter up four years ago you can get ahold of me anytime

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsors

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Members

© 2014   Created by Adoption Voices.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service