Adoption Voices

Hi Everybody,

We just started parentprofiles.com, and after just a few days we got "added to favorites" for two people. For those of you on parentprofiles now or in the past, does being "favorited" mean you're getting close to being chosen?
Or, is it a pretty typical thing that is insignificant?

I don't want to have false hopes. So, if you have any thoughts or experiences, please share them.

Thanks!
Laura

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chosen, yes. Just be careful. Many scammers add to favorites. Good luck! Keep us posted.
We were "favorited" 4 or 5 times on PP and as far as I know, the contact we ended up having through PP to adopt our daughter was not one of those. We never heard from anyone else except agencies looking for new couples on PP, so I wouldn't say it means you are getting chosen for sure. Good luck though! The good news is, it means you are being looked at!
Thanks, Megan and Whitney! I just found out that my mom was one of the people who "favorited" us. And, she is not having any more babies any time soon!! (she's 67 LOL!) She was just trying to find our profile easily. So, I am going to curb my enthusiasm a little. Still, I am glad that we're getting some attention. :)
We were added as a favorite 14 times before we were matched. (and yes, it was through PP.) I don't know if that helps or not.
That definitely helps, Duchess! The more information, the better! If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for you to match?

Duchess said:
We were added as a favorite 14 times before we were matched. (and yes, it was through PP.) I don't know if that helps or not.
We are on PP too. We have been added to favorites 6 times so far. It doesn't mean that you are chosen, it just means that a birth parent is interested in you. When they add you to their favorites, you are added to the side of the page, so they don't have to search for you again while they are looking at other couples or if they leave the site. Good luck
How much does it cost for PP? Are there success stories? Length of time?
We are scared of being scammed...
Hi Elizabeth,

Check out the website, parentprofiles.com. They have answers to all your questions. I signed up a couple weeks ago after seeing several success stories on this site. I am trying many different avenues to find a birth mother, and this one seemed like a good option.

I wish you all the best!
Laura :)

Elizabeth Burns said:
How much does it cost for PP? Are there success stories? Length of time?
We are scared of being scammed...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsors

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Members

© 2014   Created by Adoption Voices.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service