Adoption Voices

I just started blogging a few weeks ago and I am loving it.  I have a Blogger blog (say that 10  times fast :)  Do others use blogger?  Is there another site that's better.  I see you can blog through this website.  Do you recommend I switch?  I can use any advice.

Here's my current blog address:

http://thrivingdespiteus.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much,

Kate

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Kate.

Welcome to blogging! I started on Blogger nearly 4 years ago and switched to self-hosted wordpress.org a year ago. It was described to me as the difference between renting and owning your space.

Off to read you :-)

I am in a similar boat as you Kate.

I have a blogger address, and thus far I am satisfied, but there are a few things about it that I have noticed I wish I could change/ knew more about/ didn't have to do. But all in all I think it's just fine. Mainly because I don't feel a need to pay for my own web address.

The only other thing I can say is don't be afraid to play around with the design. I do that every now and then just to find what little tweaks i want to make.

I hope this has helped, 

Benjamin.

Thanks - it does help to hear what others are doing.  There are so many options.  I am not at the point where I am willing to pay for a blog.  I just enjoy writing and I haven't done anything to monetize the site or anything.  Too happy talking about myself i guess :)

I do have a complaint with Blogger in that I don't think it notifies your followers when you upload a new post leading me to wonder then what is the point of being a follower?

Thanks again for the info.

Kate

Lori - I just read some of your blog and looked at your site.  All I can say is wow!!!  You are my hero!  Someday I hope to have such an informative and professional site.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.  Any advice for a fledgling blogger?

RSS

Sponsors

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Members

© 2014   Created by Adoption Voices.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service